Cat's Adventures

new and cool in my world

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

adventures and passions

This past weekend, I was really good! I made my project team very happy with good work on a module I'm responsible for, I met with my Mandarin Chinese tutor to start off a New Year's initiative, and I also came away from Sunday's ski trip unbruised, uncut, and unbroken.

The rest of the week was not so great...

Monday night, I was excited to find the vacuum cleaner that I had ordered on Amazon.com waiting for me at the front desk. I had done a lot of Internet research the weekend before, after being very frustrated with the poor performance of my stick vacuum on carpet. This Bissell vacuum is amazing - it has a HEPA filter, an indicator light to tell you when each spot it runs over is clean, and many brush attachments for nooks and crannies. I opened the box and started to assemble my vacuum. I read the instruction and thought, 'how clever, I only need a screwdriver to put the whole thing together!' Half an hour later, with band-aids around both my thumbs and a bump on my head, I finally was able to plug it in and try it out. Luckily it was all I had hoped it would be, or I would have been very unhappy.

Earlier that day, unbeknownst to me because I had my cellphone off all day, I'd accidentally locked Christine's friend Yuki in our apartment. She was on her way out to an audition, when she found herself unable to get out our front door. I felt horrible!!! I think part of it was my sleepiness when I left Monday morning, part of it must have been because I'd become used to living alone all month...in any case, the smart girl had her boyfriend look up our building's phone number on the Internet and then called the front desk to have them come up and let her out.

I am currently passionate about brussel sprouts - the little green ping pong balls are yummy and fun to harvest off their stalk. I am also falling back into some of my habitual passions, like knitting.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger C said…

    Yes, note that she locked Yuki IN the apartment, not out of it. Sigh... we knew it was bound to happen one of these days. Ha. So classic.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Mr. Jeffrey said…

    Brussel Sprouts? Yuck!
    Not only do they taste bad, they make people smell funny. =X

     

Post a Comment

<< Home