Cat's Adventures

new and cool in my world

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Sometimes, being Canadian isn't best

Today, I was excited to hear from the case manager that I want to work with for my next project. The project would be right up my alley, because it's non-profit (albeit government), it's related to health/science (which I find really interesting), and it doesn't require travel Monday through Thursday. The alternative is a fairly boring travel-intensive case to Atlanta.

But then my heart sank when she asked me, "do you have an American driver's license?" Apparently the client has really buckled down on admitting foreigners to their offices, and would require a lengthy background check of all visitors without US issued identification. I was screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" in my head. I've been meaning to do this for many years, and reminds me of how I felt when I realized I had no American credit history while applying for my first Manhattan apartment, because I had been using my Canadian cards over the years.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm going to the DMV tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home