Cat's Adventures

new and cool in my world

Monday, January 24, 2005

Another snow story

This weekend, New York received a foot and a half of powdery fresh snow. It was beautiful! With each passing, cold, slushy day, I become more and more attached to this time of the year. I used to take winter for granted, but I've rediscovered the joys of the season this year by engaging, rather than avoiding, the bitterness.

On Sunday afternoon, we went for a walk in Central Park. There were lots of people out and about - tots on plastic discs being pulled along by their parents, people with cross country skies or snowshoe gear trudging through the woods, little girls making snow angels in fresh powder. We tried to assemble a snowman, but the snow wasn't good for packing or rolling into big balls. Instead, we created a giant octopus with cute round eyes.

I am in love with New York!

In other news, not having an American driver's license was a deal breaker for my dream case, and somehow I avoided the Atlanta case too. I may end up on a local project for an entertainment magazine. While unqualified for the subject matter, I'm excited that I may learn more about pop culture. On my last media case, I learned what 'CSI' stands for.

Today was also an exciting day because my Red Sena iPod mini case finally came in the mail. It fits perfectly and while I still think the blue would have matched better, this lipstick red is growing on me. I love my iPod so much, I want to buy Etymotic Research ER-6i Earbuds for it. I also enjoy revisiting songs that I haven't heard for years, that bring back lots of emotions and memories. For example, I stumbled upon "One" by U2 tonight, and the other day I found "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home